Building Business Relationships
By: Simon T. Bailey
Released: Sep 16, 2013
Learn how to build four key types of business relationships in your career: with your manager, with your coworkers, with other departments, and with executives. Author and executive coach Simon T. Bailey guides you through building authentic connections with others and creating your own personal board of directors to help you succeed.
Discover how you can build meaningful rapport, set yourself up for visibility and success, manage up when you don’t click, develop executive presence, and cross-train within a team to better serve the organization.
1. Understanding the four key business relationships
2. Building relationships in person and virtually
3. Supporting your manager’s objectives
4. Articulating your needs to your manager
5. Managing up
6. Communicating with difficult team members
7. Resolving cross-department conflict
8. Identifying mentors and sponsors
9. Making first impressions with executives
Simon T. Bailey is an author and leadership imagineer.
Simon works with businesses and individuals to find the spark of brilliance that generates sustainable results. His latest book, Shift Your Brilliance: Harness the Power of You, Inc., was named as one of the top 25 books being read by individuals around the world and corporate America.